Confero, Inc. (“Confero”, “company”, “we”, “us”, “our”) is committed to protect the privacy of its Independent Mystery Shoppers (“IMS”) and has created a secure environment to ensure the privacy and security of personal information.
Information We Collect
We collect a variety of information which identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular user or device (“personal information”). Not all information we collect is personal information and we do not consider personal information to include any de-identified or aggregated consumer information, such as “Traffic Data”.
The primary goal in collecting personal information from an IMS is to ensure that any prospective IMS is qualified to meet the customer experience research opportunities requested by our clients and to ensure that any IMS deliverables are prepared and submitted in accordance with client scope of work and objectives. Personal information about an IMS is necessary to ensure that a prospective IMS is an appropriate match to client customer experience research opportunities; to ensure that an IMS is not precluded from a accepting an customer experience research opportunity because of an affiliation with a client competitor; and for other reasons in furtherance of our primary business of providing customer experience research, compilation and strategic counseling to our clients. We may also collect:
|Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, tax identification numbers, military identification numbers or other similar unique identifiers.|
|Personal information||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some of the personal information collected herein may be saved in other categories as well.|
|Protected classifications||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).|
|Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on Consumer or User interactions with websites, applications, or advertisements.|
|Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.|
|Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.|
|Professional or employment-related information.||Current employment, job history or performance evaluations.|
We automatically gather certain usage information such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to conferoinc.com and visited areas of our website, similar to television ratings which tell the networks how many people are tuned in to a program (“Traffic Data”). We only use such Traffic Data in aggregate. Traffic Data may include your: (i) IP address; (ii) domain server; (iii) type of computer; and (iv) type of Web browser. Traffic Data is not intended to personally identify you but may be helpful for marketing purposes or to improve your experience on with Confero and our website. We may also use “cookies” for purposes such as, but not limited to customize content specific to your interests, to ensure that you do not see the same advertisement repeatedly, and to store your password so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit the server. Cookies are small bits of data that tell us know how and when pages on our website are visited, and by how many people. Conferoinc.com cookies do not collect personal information to tell us who you are. Most cookies are “session cookies”, meaning that they are automatically deleted at the end of a “session”. It is updated from time to time as you access the many different portions of our website. Each time you access our server, our server may deliver certain customized information to you based on the data stored in your cookies. Some websites that have links on our website may also use their own cookies.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use any such personal information for materially different, unrelated, or other purposes without informing you in writing.
Use AND DISCLOSURE of Collected Information
We may use your personal information to deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests, such as new services, alerts, news or available customer experience research opportunities. We may specifically use your email address, your mailing address, and phone number to notify you regarding new and available customer experience research opportunities and to communicate opportunities which you have accepted as an IMS.
We use Traffic Data and cookies collected to improve our website experience, identification of customer experience research opportunities, to statistically analyze our website usage, to improve and customize our website content, layout and services. We believe these uses allow us to improve our website and ultimately, your experience.
Other reasons for which we may use your personal information for the following business purposes:
- Auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Short-term, transient use, provided the personal information is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about a Consumer or otherwise alter a Consumer’s experience outside the current interaction, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction.
- Performing services on behalf of the business or a service provider, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business or service provider.
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business.
- Verifying and validating data and information provided by you regarding customer experience research opportunities, including but not limited to verifying types of purchases, dates and times of said purchases to ensure work was performed in accordance with Our client expectations.
- Maintaining records, including audio and visual records, and tracking data in support of customer experience research opportunities, including receipts of purchases provided by You.
- Responding to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- Evaluating or conducting a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information maintained by us is a transferable asset.
Sharing AND DISCLOSURE OF personal information
We may share or disclose your personal information for a business purpose to, but not necessarily limited to, our affiliates, our clients when related to the client’s work, to our service providers as necessary, and to other third parties for purposes consistent with our business purposes. We also may occasionally share the name and street address of a prospective IMS with other companies who make be seeking mystery shoppers in particular locations and that we consider “friendly competitors”. We assume that the sharing of this information in this circumstance is acceptable to you because it may result in additional customer experience research opportunities. Your email address and phone number are not shared with these “friendly competitors” without your permission. We do not sell your personal information.
Confero has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the personal information we gather. Any personal information is protected and stored by state-of-the-art firewall, Secure Sockets Layer, system-level and database-level security. All user information, not just the sensitive personal information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only our employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example a customer service representative) are granted access to personal information or Traffic Data.
If you have any questions about the security at our website, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.