- Spot small problems before they become big ones
- Direct your field managers to locations which require extra help
- Link incentives to front line performance
- Expose training and operational weaknesses
- Identify competitive opportunities
- Increase accountability for customer service throughout the organization
Mystery shopping measures the customer experience at the front line of service, either on site or online. Discover user experience issues on premise and also where service and technology meet: in-app purchase, buy online-pick up in store (BOPIS), pre-orders for curbside and delivery and third-party delivery. The goal is to compare your operational performance against the standards you have set for your business. This comparison will highlight sales, profit and service opportunities for your business.
What Can Mystery Shopping do for Your Business?
What Can Mystery Shopping Measure?
- Staff friendless, courtesy, greetings
- Point of Purchase material availability and placement
- Interior and exterior appearance of the unit
- Product/service selection and availability
- Selling skills, including suggestive selling
- Wait and service transaction times
- Overall quality of product, food or service
- Condition of restrooms
- Customer thank you, friendly send off, invitation to return
- Overall customer experience
- Online shopping experience
- Ease of use of Buy Online, Pickup In Store (BOPIS)
- Third party delivery process
Restaurant POP Audits Show What to Focus on and WhereA large fast casual restaurant approached Confero and needed detailed information on displays of point of purchase (POP) materials at its restaurants. The company had invested significant effort into creating and advertising the promotion, and execution at the unit level was critical to its success. They wanted to ensure that the restaurants promoted the special […]
Menu Test MarketingConfero was approached by a national advertising and promotion firm, which represented a foodservice chain. The chain was preparing to roll out new menu items and was conducting tests in two markets. The success of the test would determine a possible national roll out and senior management was concerned that employees did not understand the new items and would not mention them.
Grocery Store Checkout TimesA regional grocery store chain was concerned about what factors were contributing to longer than normal checkout times. While their service was excellent, there was no measure of the extraneous factors that contributed to longer checkout time, nor was any anecdotal information being collected about these factors.
Increasing Success at Amusement ParksConfero partnered with a US amusement park in the development an exciting mystery shopping program to motivate employees. The park needed a way to engage and motivate the employees when greeting, offering an upsell and thanking the guests. Our client services manager offered consultation on survey development, prize amounts and types, and communication of the […]
Tourism Center – Do local employees recommend their area’s places to visit?A tourism organization approached Confero with a concern. They worried that employees at the area’s restaurants, stores, lodging, and attractions were not suggesting other things to do in the area when asked by a guest. Worse, they feared that responses at times could include comments that there was nothing to do. The businesses needed to […]
Intake staff at Law Office: Are employees following standards?Over the years, Confero has partnered with a law firm to gather details on phone calls between associates and potential clients. Prospective clients begin with a phone call to the firm, making it a crucial evaluation point. If the associate does not make a favorable impression, the caller is likely to contact other law firms […]
Unexpected Benefits: Reduced AccidentsA national fast oil change service engaged Confero to conduct periodic mystery shop visits at its units. As part of the program design process, various departments within the company were asked about what they would like to see on the shop survey. As a result, several questions about safety procedures were added to the survey. […]
Campus Dining Mystery ShoppingAs a provider of residential and retail food services for campuses across the US, the company desired feedback on how well employees met standards for customer service, cleanliness, food quality, and merchandising. Was the correct special advertised? Were wait times long? And, were employees in uniform and friendly? The mystery shoppers reported on these and […]
Private Schools – Associate Follow-up and Sales SkillsAn educational firm needed information on associate interactions with parents of potential students. How well did employees handle email, phone and visit inquiries from interested parents? Follow-up was a key concern. Were the associates losing sales due to lack of consistent follow up? In the competitive world of private schools, this next step improves the […]
Military Stores: Associate Product Knowledge and ReturnsA military organization needed help with keeping tabs on customer service and conditions at its military base stores. Do store employees greet customers? When interacting with customers, do associates suggest add-on items? How does the staff handle returns? They also desired more in depth information on interactions with sales associates within the electronics area in […]
What Our Clients Say
- This program has been nothing short of earth shattering for our leadership team. We have learned so much about our staff’s tendencies and where we need to do a better job on our training and coaching.Property and Casualty Insurance Inspection and Reporting
- 10 Oct, 2019 by Confero Inc.Want to test the waters before entering into a full-scale mystery shopping program? A mystery shop pilot lets you do this. Narrow down what your team wants...
- Experience: our seasoned project leaders will design your program to get the analytics you need.
- Right size, right partner. Large enough for your national program. Small enough for your regional program.
- Best in class program design.
- A proven history of long term, satisfied clients.
- Actionable, easy to use reporting.
- Unlimited dashboard views allow your management team to see their results, their way.
- Reporting tools for every need.
- Worthy of your trust. We are known for integrity.
- Comprehensive quality control baked into every process.
- Industry leadership. Active leadership in the Mystery Shopping Professionals Association.
- Performance incentive procurement and fulfillment. Reward your star performers.