Listening to employee phone calls allows you to imagine yourself as the customer and hear firsthand how your employees interact. Many times managers of front line employees would like to listen to employee conversations but don’t always have the capability to do so. Other times, managers have monitoring capabilities but must listen for hours to hear how multiple employees approach the same inquiry.
One way to gain this capability is to consider audio recorded telephone mystery shops , which offer the following potential advantages:
- Listen and evaluate employee and customer comments in their own voices, for a realistic idea of what your customer’s experience , sounds like.
- Recognize inconsistent telephone approaches among employees in order to move toward more uniform customer service delivery.
- Identify areas where employees may have missed a sales opportunity.
- Recognize employees for meeting/exceeding company expectations in customer service via the phone.
- Pinpoint areas where employees may have used a more effective approach to resolve a customer issue.
- Train other employees by reviewing a “perfect” phone shop, in order to show them a strong example of excellent phone interaction with a customer.